Monday, May 01, 2006

A banner day in the Wallace house!!!

Well folks today I was allowed to put weight on my foot for the first time since the accident!! I had my monthly checkup today and the doctor started by removing the pins in my foot. It was just two pins in the front of my foot that went through the two biggest toes. They were about as thick as a wide paperclip and two or three inches long. It really did hurt that bad, honestly I would choose the pins over the stitches or any of the pain any day.

In any case, if I haven’t grossed you out completely yet, the story actually gets better. Beyond the fact that I can walk now, with the help of crutches, I got a big chunk of my life back today. The doctor told me that I can drive again!!! That’s right, get your kids off the streets mom and dad Steve Wallace is back!!! And none too soon, it was really starting to hurt my marriage riding with my wife all of the time. Not that she is a bad driver, just not as good as me :).

Also, I forgot to post about it, but I returned to work last month. The date was actually April 5th. For the first couple of weeks all I would do is work then come home and sleep. I really owe Rich, D’Wayne, and my brother a big debt for carting me back and forth to work. Also thanks to the guys at work for carting me around at lunch and dragging Stacey’s birthday gift through the mall. Since I returned everyone at my office has been great to me. Sticking around to hold doors open and offering to carry things around for me and generally being just a great group of people. Of course I came back to an office that had changed drastically while I was gone. The whole organization was overhauled and is in a drastic state of flux right now. Luckily we all seem to be equally confused. But I can’t think of a better group of people to be confused with!

Look out for my x-ray pics, they’ll be posted later on tonight. Thanks again to everyone who has been watching this blog and cheering me on. I am truly blessed!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home