Sunday, February 05, 2006

Whew... The trek to the basement

I'm back from my trek to the basement and it may as well been a trip to Meca because man was it a big deal! But I must thank all of those who made it happen because you have never seen so many people help one person get from one floor to another. So here is how it went:

  1. Stacey slid the ottoman on the chair that I was in out.
  2. She held my leg while I lowered myself to the carpet.
  3. Then I "crab walked" across the floor to the stair way.
  4. This is where I wish I had put up that railing when we finished the basement.
  5. Stacey continued to hold my leg as I went step by step.
  6. When I reached the 2nd to the bottom step I shoved myself up to my walker and slid my way over to the sofa.
  7. Where I would spend my evening.
The game was good. I'm a Steelers fan when the Ravens aren't in it. Which as long as Boller is around I'll probably pay me attention to the Steelers. Once the game ended it was pretty much the same thing in reverse. The only difference is that I noticed that I really need a gym membership when this is all over because man oh man did my arms get tired.

Well back in bed now, but glad I was able to see the game on the big screen with the surround sound!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to the basement but...BOO Steelers!

ceej

4:47 PM, February 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home