Wednesday, February 22, 2006

From the darkest days to the brightest...

Although I am far from recovered there are things that make my days a little brighter. A good car chase on some LA highway, awesome. Watching the idiot news reporter freeze their ass off in front of the salt dome on a snowy day, always good for a laugh. Knight Rider in High Def, as we've discussed before, sure to please.


But without hesitation our daughter Allison can make me smile on the darkest of days. She recently turned 9 months old and she gets so much more interesting everyday. The first six month's or so were good, but she hadn't begun to develop her personality just yet. Heck for the first 3 months it was more an exercise in changing diapers and feeding (for which I wasn't very useful). She is becoming such a neat little person. Everything that she does, beside cry, puts the biggest smile on my face. We have actually proven that when she is around me I can extend the time that my break through pain killer lasts. She is hell on "wheels" when crawling now and she is learning to stand too. She pulls herself up from the floor using a table or something else and just has such a proud look on her face.

Each morning when I wake up and see Allison and Stacey I am thankful for my health and the fact that it's only my leg that is broken. While I was in the hospital the second time I asked the doctor if I would ever be able to chase my children around the yard. He told me that it wasn't likely (we will prove him oh so wrong!!). When he told me that, I hit one of my low points in this recovery. But the simple fact that I got to see the 9th month of Allison's life and have a chance at the rest is a blessing in and of itself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, I have been following your blog and salute you on your continued courage and wish you the very best in a speedy and 100% full recovery. My question is, what became of the foosl that smashed into you? Did they go to jail? Are they paying for any of this?

12:33 AM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Steve Wallace said...

Thanks. And I'm very sorry, but I can't get into a lot of legal details here in the public space. I wouldn't want anything that I said to harm and pending legal stuff. I'm worried that I may say something that will be totoally innocent in my eyes, but really screw something up. I'll be happy to discuss it with people that I know in a more private arena.

11:18 PM, March 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home