Wednesday, March 01, 2006

One small step for man.....

WARNING: If you are easily offended go read Disney.com

===========================================

Today I took a big step, well more like a shuffle, toward becoming a normal member of society. I poo’d in a toilet!!!! That is right ladies and gentlemen I made a grumpy in a real working toilet!! For those of you who do not know, I have been unable to make my way into the bathroom since the accident. The hospital wrote us a prescription at the beginning for a portable toilet that had to be brought to the living room and setup for me. This created a few challenges for us. First, I had to sit bare assed in the middle of the living room while doing my business. We have a lot of windows in our living room, which has a clear line of site to our front door. Our front door has a lot of glass too, it’s frosted, but you never know what people can see! Secondly, it had to be cleaned and since I can’t walk, that job was left to Stacey. You can imagine that it was not a pleasant job. I really felt guilty that she was forced to do that, but neither of us had a choice in the matter. So, today during my physical therapy appointment we worked on getting me into the bathroom on my own. And after the therapist left, I was ready for the big time. I’m not going to go into details, but everything was successful and I was able to get back out and to my chair. HOORAY!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was truly fabulous! Fan was turned on, toilet was flushed, and hmmm.. portable commode sat clean as a whistle outside! :) Loving it!

11:34 PM, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, I have to say, while I don't enjoy knowing some of the pain and over all frustration that is/was and will-be passing though you as you recover. This post (and the one before it) made me laugh. Well and to be honest shiver in fear. What a mental pic. yuck. now you made me cry. Yes There I said it on the internet, I cried. thinking of Steve "bare assed in the living room, doing his thing", yes, I shed a tear. hummm, ok, I can't lie, it was just laughing.

good to see your spirits are up.
- A

1:10 PM, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home